Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Rank items in Pivot Table

I want the pivot table to show the rank of the values rather than the values
themselves. Is this possible? I use Excel 2003. Thanks.

Pivot Table of Values:

Employee Sales Visits LR %
Mike 100,000 12 86.4%
Joe 750,000 19 78.1%
Sue 65,000 14 69.3%
Ann 1,200,000 17 61.4%
Jessica 900,000 24 58.0%
Bob 375,000 6 98.0%

Want to see pivot table of ranks (sales and visits descending; LR ascending):

Employee Sales Visits LR %
Mike 5 5 5
Joe 3 2 4
Sue 6 4 3
Ann 1 3 2
Jessica 2 1 1
Bob 4 6 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Seems easiest if, to the right of the pivot, you were to enter
=RANK(B2,B$2:B$7) and paste down and across.

Then, just hide columns B - D.

"Noel" wrote:

I want the pivot table to show the rank of the values rather than the values
themselves. Is this possible? I use Excel 2003. Thanks.

Pivot Table of Values:

Employee Sales Visits LR %
Mike 100,000 12 86.4%
Joe 750,000 19 78.1%
Sue 65,000 14 69.3%
Ann 1,200,000 17 61.4%
Jessica 900,000 24 58.0%
Bob 375,000 6 98.0%

Want to see pivot table of ranks (sales and visits descending; LR ascending):

Employee Sales Visits LR %
Mike 5 5 5
Joe 3 2 4
Sue 6 4 3
Ann 1 3 2
Jessica 2 1 1
Bob 4 6 6

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sean,

Unfortunately, I need something more dynamic. The people using this pivot
table will page by geographic territory -- with each territory having a
different number of employees.

"Noel" wrote:

I want the pivot table to show the rank of the values rather than the values
themselves. Is this possible? I use Excel 2003. Thanks.

Pivot Table of Values:

Employee Sales Visits LR %
Mike 100,000 12 86.4%
Joe 750,000 19 78.1%
Sue 65,000 14 69.3%
Ann 1,200,000 17 61.4%
Jessica 900,000 24 58.0%
Bob 375,000 6 98.0%

Want to see pivot table of ranks (sales and visits descending; LR ascending):

Employee Sales Visits LR %
Mike 5 5 5
Joe 3 2 4
Sue 6 4 3