Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Ctl Page Up and Ctl Page Down work selectively

I just received a workbook, and on the first sheet I can press Ctl page down
and navigate to the next worksheet. However, on all the other sheets, this
same action (or Ctl page up) does not change sheets, but shifts me left or
right, like I had clicked on the horizontal scroll bar.

I have examined all the settings in Tools, Options (using excel 2003), but
do not see anything different between the sheets. New sheets act normal - I
can shift from one new sheet to the other via key strokes.

The sheets which do not work normal have had their sheet tabs colored and
contain () in the names as they are copied sheets. Removing the color and
renaming does not solve.

Copying to a new workbook does not solve.

There are no hidden or very hidden sheets in the workbook.

The workbook and sheets are not protected.

There are no macros in the workbook

Any ideas?

Bob

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Bob,

CTRL+Page not working is normally caused by the worksheet having been
protected and only unlocked cells being selectable.
I know you said the sheets were not protected but have you checked the
setting via Tools Protection. As some cells will be editable.

What version of xl are you using?

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Andy, that was it. I had assumed the sheet was unprotected as I could
modify cells.

Why would the protection status of a sheet change how ctl-pageup and down
work? Is this a feature or a bug? Looks like a bug....

Bob

Bob Flanagan wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi

Old bug that I report a few times in betas, I not think
it will be fixed.

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm