Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Default How do I work on one page without seeing other pages

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only
want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages.
Mike
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

What do you mean by one page? As in one worksheet, or as in print layout?

"Mike Defillo" wrote:

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only
want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Just as you would with MS Word it may go to a second page if the first one is
full but why does Excel show other pages to the right of the page I am
working? When I scroll to the right the page keeps going and going. I do not
need all that page, at least not this time? I thought print layout only shows
one page but the other pages are still visible. It is not a big deal but I
made up a 8-1/2" X 11" time card with Excel and don't need to see all the
rest of the stuff. It prints as I expect (1 page) but on screen I just want
to see 1 8-12/" X 11" sheet when I open it?

Thank for your input
Mike

"Mike Defillo" wrote:

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only
want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Excel has a great number of columns and rows.

256 columns and 65536 rows in versions 97 through 2003

16384 and 1,000,000+ in version 2007.

These cannot be deleted but can be hidden if you don't want to see them.

Select all columns and rows you don't like and FormatColumnHide and
FormatRowHide.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

"Mike Defillo" wrote:

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only
want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

It appears that would take quite some time. It is probably not worth doing. I
am using 2007. I was looking for more of a one button solution. "Single page
worksheet view" or something to that effect. Thanks for your input.

"Mike Defillo" wrote:

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only
want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Assuming you want to see just A1:K34

Select col L and SHIFT + End + Rightarrow.

FormatColumnsHide.

Select row 35 and SHIFT + End + Downarrow.

FormatRowsHide.

You can do that faster than I typed this post.

Gord

"Mike Defillo" wrote:

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I only
want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Hi Mike,

You can select the cells surrounding your page and set the fill color
to white or whatever, best to go a few extra columns and rows past
the end of your screen. I like to insert a blank column A and row 1
so that I can run the margin color right around my page.

You can also apply borders between your margin and your data.
If you don't want the border to print, set your print area one row
and column smaller.

Another one for visual effect is to hide the row and column
headers by going to ToolsOptionsView Tab and uncheck
row and column headers.

If your page fits neatly on one screen you can also zoom in to say
75% then select a cell well off to the bottom right of your page
and go to WindowFreeze Panes. When you zoom back to
100% your page won't move with the scroll bars.

This is all fiddly little smoke and mirrors type stuff but Excel
has never pretended to be a layout program. It's a worksheet
program with a bit of formatting capability thrown in.

HTH
Martin

"Mike Defillo" wrote:

How do I work on one page without seeing other pages on my monitor. I
only
want to see one page at a time, not multiple pages.
Mike

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers

Glad you hung around.

After your previous post I was thinking you had discounted the hiding method and
moved on.

Gord