Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Printing

I'm having a problem with things not printing or showing up on the print
preview the way they look on the screen and I have tried 2 printers with the
same results. The problem seems to be the printed character taking up less
room than the one on the screen so the more characters there are the more it
is off. For example.
Column a Column b
On screen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Prints aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbb
Column a Column b
On screen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbb
Prints aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbb

Any help???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Probably caused by the printer drivers not being current for the version
of Excel you are using, or it could be the settings you are using with
those drivers. Sometimes the printer software's "Advanced printing
features" really hose up a print out, and you need to disable them.
(poke around in Printing Preferences to find them as the manufacturers
put them in different locations)

mwsawyer wrote:

I'm having a problem with things not printing or showing up on the print
preview the way they look on the screen and I have tried 2 printers with the
same results. The problem seems to be the printed character taking up less
room than the one on the screen so the more characters there are the more it
is off. For example.
Column a Column b
On screen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Prints aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbbbb
Column a Column b
On screen aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbbb
Prints aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa bbbbbbbbbb

Any help???

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you,

I checked the printer drivers online and I have the most current versions. I
also turned off the advanced features and still the same result. This was
one of my first thoughts as well, but the fact that it does the same thing
with two completely different printers makes me think it is something within
excel.