Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Fill from one sheet into others

I have a workbook with 150 sheets. My first sheet is a list of places. I
would like to take that list and have each cell become fill into cell C5 in
all the other sheets. Is this possible without going through and typing each
name from my list. Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sheet 1
1-Jones
2-Billings
3-Burleigh
4-Morton
5-Ally
6-James

Now i would like to take this list and have the information in each cell
from column A be inserted into another sheet

Sheet 2
a b c
1 Jones
2
3
4

Sheet 3
a b c
1-Billings
2
3
4

Sheet 4
a b c
1- Burleigh
2
3
4

The first sheets are a list of towns, I have then created a additional sheet
for each town and instead of typing the name of each town into the new sheets
i was wondering if i could just have them fill in from sheet one. I hope this
clears it up if not please let me know.

"Buffulo Alice" wrote:

I have a workbook with 150 sheets. My first sheet is a list of places. I
would like to take that list and have each cell become fill into cell C5 in
all the other sheets. Is this possible without going through and typing each
name from my list. Thanks for your help

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If sheet1 is the leftmost sheet in the workbook, then maybe...

Dim iRow as long
with worksheets("sheet1")
for irow = 1 to .cells(.rows.count,"A").end(xlup).row
worksheets(1 + irow).range("a1").value = .cells(irow,"A").value
next irow
end with

This really depends on the order of the sheets. If that index sheet isn't
first, then this probably won't work correctly.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,
If you have already created all the tabs and the tab names match the names
in your list, just select all of them go to the cell where you want the name
to be inserted like C5 and copy the formula as follow

=MID(CELL("filename",C1),FIND("]",CELL("filename",C1))+1,255)

Save and reopen the file and the names will be there