Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default I want help to fill data of sheet 2 in sheet 1

Dear Experts:
I wanted to know if by any way I can do this:
I have sheet 1 in that two Rows ie( a1=Name and B1 =age) in sheet 2 I want
to keep data of some friends ie:(sheet2 a1=Names of people and sheet2 b=age
of same people)
I want that if I put name in sheet a like RAM in sheet 1 A1 then it should
match the name and check the age of same RAM from sheet 2 B data and fill the
same in sheet 1 ,B1.
Is it possible, pls help me.
Thnaks, Das (PUNE) INDIA
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 01:27:01 -0700, Das (PUNE) <Das
wrote:

Dear Experts:
I wanted to know if by any way I can do this:
I have sheet 1 in that two Rows ie( a1=Name and B1 =age) in sheet 2 I want
to keep data of some friends ie:(sheet2 a1=Names of people and sheet2 b=age
of same people)
I want that if I put name in sheet a like RAM in sheet 1 A1 then it should
match the name and check the age of same RAM from sheet 2 B data and fill the
same in sheet 1 ,B1.
Is it possible, pls help me.
Thnaks, Das (PUNE) INDIA

Try this formula in cell B1 of sheet1:

=VLOOKUP(A1, sheet2!$A$1:$B$100, 2, FALSE)

copy this formula down as far as needed in column B.

You have to change $B$100 in the formula if you have more than 100
names in sheet2.

Hope this helps / Lars-Åke