Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default creating hyperlinks

I have a large column of names which I want to change into hyperlinks.
The link should open a file which name is the same as the content of the
cell, only it has an extension added.
The file is located in the same directory as the excel file.
F.e. lets say the contents of cell A1 is "contentA1". Now cell A1 should be
changed into a hyperlink that opens file 'contentA1.ext' on clicking it. One
cell is easy to do, but I have hundreds of them and would like to automate
this in some way.

Thanks.

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --
Posted to microsoft.public.excel,microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could use an adjacent cell and a formula:

=hyperlink("file:////C:\somepath\" & a1 & ".ext", "Click me")

Or put the path in a different cell and use a formula like:
=hyperlink("file:////" & $x$99 & a1 & ".ext", "Click me")

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel

Hi David

Are The Names in Column A
AND
What Column is Available for A column Of Hyperlinks

Best

Stew