Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc,microsoft.public.excel
SteW SteW is offline

Default creating hyperlinks

Hi David

Are The Names in Column A
AND
What Column is Available for A column Of Hyperlinks

Best

Stew

"David Baker" wrote:

I have a large column of names which I want to change into hyperlinks.
The link should open a file which name is the same as the content of the
cell, only it has an extension added.
The file is located in the same directory as the excel file.
F.e. lets say the contents of cell A1 is "contentA1". Now cell A1 should be
changed into a hyperlink that opens file 'contentA1.ext' on clicking it. One
cell is easy to do, but I have hundreds of them and would like to automate
this in some way.

Thanks.

-- Posted on news://freenews.netfront.net - Complaints to --