Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default reverse the order of data in a column.(1,2,5 goes to 5,2,1)

I have an Excel worksheet whose first column entries are DEC,NOV,OCT...JAN.
I wish to reverse this column along with all of the other columns to JAN,
FEB,..DEC,etc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Are those text strings or actual dates formatted to MMM?

If dates, just sort them under datasort.

If text strings, in a helper column enter 1 through 12 then sort descending
on that column...............after first selecting all columns.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 16:20:00 -0800, howard holtz <howard
wrote:

I have an Excel worksheet whose first column entries are DEC,NOV,OCT...JAN.
I wish to reverse this column along with all of the other columns to JAN,
FEB,..DEC,etc

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Enter the month names, in proper order, in adjacent cells.
Then Tools | Options | Customs Lists and create a custom list.
Once you do that, you can then sort the month names using the custom
list as the sort order. Click the Options button in the sort dialog to find
and specify the custom list.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"howard holtz" <howard
wrote in message
I have an Excel worksheet whose first column entries are DEC,NOV,OCT...JAN.
I wish to reverse this column along with all of the other columns to JAN,
FEB,..DEC,etc
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

howard holtz wrote:
I have an Excel worksheet whose first column entries are DEC,NOV,OCT...JAN.
I wish to reverse this column along with all of the other columns to JAN,
FEB,..DEC,etc

Are these dates formatted to show month abbreviation, or are they text?

If the former, you might could just sort the list ascending.

If the latter it might be easiest to do it by hand, but another way
would be to build a little table somewhere like

DEC 12
NOV 11
etc.

Then use VLOOKUP to associate a number with the month, and sort on the
number.