Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Problem with hyperlinks when moving destination file in excel

Dear Support,

I was working in an excel workbook that contains too many hyperlinks to
another excel file.
The two workbooks were located on a server and not to my computer.
After a failure the two files were recovered from excel program.
I saved the recovered files on top of the originals but now I have the
following problem: the links of the recovered file are not working because
are trying to transfer to my computer (C:\Documents and
Settings\u0260$\Application Data\Microsoft\Excel\......) and not to the
actual location on the server.
If I paste the destination file to this folder on my computer the links are
working but the workbooks must be located on the server and not to my PC.
Please advice how to solve this problem.