Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ish Ish is offline

Default Changing Simple lines and Graphics into Graphs with data

I have just taken a line graph with multiple lines that I created with a
drawing tool and dropped it into excel. It looks the way I wish my graph
looked when I use the chart wizard in excel. is there anyway to take my
ungrouped image and turn it into data lines where the lines would change as I
change the data? I tried clicking the lines- right clicking-edit
points-.....and that is as far as i have gotten? I am using Microsoft excel
2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I don't believe so.
The easier route would be to just create a chart (with or without the
wizard) and make it look the way you want.
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Ish" wrote:

I have just taken a line graph with multiple lines that I created with a
drawing tool and dropped it into excel. It looks the way I wish my graph
looked when I use the chart wizard in excel. is there anyway to take my
ungrouped image and turn it into data lines where the lines would change as I
change the data? I tried clicking the lines- right clicking-edit
points-.....and that is as far as i have gotten? I am using Microsoft excel
2003.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Without a LOT of coding that duplicates built-in charting functionality, you
cannot get shape-based graphic elements to update as worksheet data changes.

What you could do is to customize the formatting of an Excel chart you've
created using the wizard. Change colors, line thicknesses, etc. Then save
the chart formatting as a new chart type, following this protocol:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsH...stomTypes.html

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP