Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why does the default Excel color palette change between workbooks

Sometimes I receive an excel worksheet from other users and the default color
palette is different to mine. Eg My default palette has Rose as the bottom
LH corner. On the workbooks I receive this colour is a bright pink and many
of the base colours are missing (eg no yellows).

When I hover my mouse pointer over the colour the pop up just says "colour
Scheme" and not the true colour.

I guess that the change is due to the originator using a different version
of Excel to mine (2003) but is there a way of resetting the palette to
default to access the full colour range?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
the user that sent you the workbook probably modified some colors.
to reset....
on the menu bartoolsoptionscolor tabreset buttonok
if some of your cells "Black out", that may be the color they modified. you
may have to assign a different color or remove color altogeather.

Regards
FSt1