Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Why does the color palette change in Excel?

Sometimes, when I select a fill color for certain cells in Excel, after I've
saved and closed the file, when I reopen the file, the fill colors of some of
those cells has changed. When I click the drop-down arrow next to the
paintcan "Fill Color" button on the toolbar, I discover that the palette has
changed completely. It has gone from the usual rainbow-gradient layout to a
completely random layout, and the colors on the palette are not the same as
before either. As a result, the cell colors have changed, but the position
of the selection square hasn't changed. (e.g., if the cell was "light pink"
before - lower-left corner - it is "bright yellow" now, because "bright
yellow" is now occupying the lower-left corner position of the palette) How
do I make this stop?

Old color palette in new Excel 2007 Grandor Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 May 3rd 07 05:53 PM
Excel 2007 Color Palette paul89 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 0 March 12th 07 03:17 PM
Color palette for Excel Shadowman13 Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 5th 06 10:39 PM
How can I change the color palette under Cell Shading? Brid Setting up and Configuration of Excel 1 April 3rd 06 11:15 AM
Why does my color palette automatically change? GRAero87 Excel Worksheet Functions 0 February 10th 06 05:13 PM