sphilip

Default Excel 2k opens 2 sheets within same window

We have excel2k with sp3 on win2k pro with sp4.

my problem is when i open 2 excel sheet both appear within the same window.
if i have to switch between the 2 sheets i have to minimise 1 n maximise the
next.

what i need is to open both the excel sheets in 2 separate excel windows.

how do i do this? please advice
Sunil Jayakumar

ToolsOptionsView

Under the "show" section, make sure that the "Windows in Taskbar" option is
checked. This should solve your problem. It might be slightly different in
Excel 2000, but the same options.

Hope this helps

Sunil Jayakumar

"sphilip" wrote in message
We have excel2k with sp3 on win2k pro with sp4.

my problem is when i open 2 excel sheet both appear within the same
window.
if i have to switch between the 2 sheets i have to minimise 1 n maximise
the
next.

what i need is to open both the excel sheets in 2 separate excel windows.

how do i do this? please advice

www.ayyoo.com/credit-cards.html

Randy

Hello, I had the same problem, I posted here and elsewhere but no one could
help, I finally found the solution by mistake. Here it is

Open window explorer by right clicking the Start button and select Explore.
Windows Explorer opens, now select "Tools" then on the dropdown menu select
"Folder Options". In Folder Options , select the "File Types" tab.
Now scroll down until you see the file type of "XLS" under the column labled
"Extensions" Click on "XLS" to select it.
Next click on the Advanced button and then under "Actions" Click on "Open"
The Confirm open after download should be checked and the other two....
1. Always show extension
2. Browse same window

Should not be checked.

Next click "Edit"

Under Application used to perform action delete what is there (All of it)
and copy and paste the following into this space.

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\EXCEL.EXE" "%1"

Make sure the box "DDE Message" is clear and the Check Box labled "Use DDE"
is checked.
You are done, click OK, Ok and Close. Now when you click on XLS files each
will open in it own window. (Hopefully)

--
Randy