Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pat Pat is offline

Default Linking

I need to link one cell (contains words) in one workbook to a cell in another
workbook. In the first workbook I have an picture (pasted)into the same
cell as the words. How can I link the words and the embedded picture to the
one cell in the second workbook
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

One way would be to use a HYPERLINK in the cell.
=HYPERLINK('[MyWorkbook.xls]Sheet1'!$A$3,"Words to display")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Pat" wrote:

I need to link one cell (contains words) in one workbook to a cell in another
workbook. In the first workbook I have an picture (pasted)into the same
cell as the words. How can I link the words and the embedded picture to the
one cell in the second workbook

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

How did you embed the object into the cell?

You cannot paste a picture into a cell.

In order to "embed" it you must insert as a bitmap object or a package.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP