-   -   Linking (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/213708-linking.html)

Pat

Linking

I need to link one cell (contains words) in one workbook to a cell in another
workbook. In the first workbook I have an picture (pasted)into the same
cell as the words. How can I link the words and the embedded picture to the
one cell in the second workbook

Luke M

Linking

One way would be to use a HYPERLINK in the cell.
=HYPERLINK('[MyWorkbook.xls]Sheet1'!$A$3,"Words to display")
--
Best Regards,

Luke M

"Pat" wrote:

I need to link one cell (contains words) in one workbook to a cell in another
workbook. In the first workbook I have an picture (pasted)into the same
cell as the words. How can I link the words and the embedded picture to the
one cell in the second workbook

Pat

Linking

I still cannot get the picture to link (it is inserted as a picture in the
cell)

"Pat" wrote:

I need to link one cell (contains words) in one workbook to a cell in another
workbook. In the first workbook I have an picture (pasted)into the same
cell as the words. How can I link the words and the embedded picture to the
one cell in the second workbook

Gord Dibben

Linking

How did you embed the object into the cell?

You cannot paste a picture into a cell.

In order to "embed" it you must insert as a bitmap object or a package.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 15 Dec 2008 10:46:01 -0800, Pat
wrote:

I need to link one cell (contains words) in one workbook to a cell in another
workbook. In the first workbook I have an picture (pasted)into the same
cell as the words. How can I link the words and the embedded picture to the
one cell in the second workbook

Pat

Linking

a bitmap