Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Protected Worksheet, Cell Formatting Lost on Double Click?

Hi All,

I have a worksheet with a cell on it which is formatted as a %. If I
protect the sheet and single click the cell to enter a new value, I type 5
and 5.00% is entered, if I double click the cell to enter a new value and I
type 5, 500.00% appears, it's like it loses its formatting.

I wouldn't double click the cell but I have put together an entry form for
my dad and his colleagues and some of them are stuck in their ways to double
click the cells!

Any ideas how I can overcome this?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you have double clicked, you must enter the decimal equivalent of the
percent.or add the percent sign: either .05 or 5%

Robert Flanagan
http://www.add-ins.com