Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default Help please, cell formatting only works after I double click the cell

I have a worksheet with about 28000 records that I pulled from MS
Access. The phone number column is left justified and has a little
green arrow indicating there is an error of some type. The error
balloon says " the number in this cell is formatted as text or is
preceeded by an apostophe". I try to set the formatting as
Special-Phone Number but nothing happens. However if I double click on
the cell and then click an ajoining cell the formatting works. How can
I fix the entire column without having to double click on 28000 cells?

--
Mycotopian
Mycotopian's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=4673

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
lk lk is offline

Default Help please, cell formatting only works after I double click the c

Format as phone number, use DataText to Column to convert from Text to a
Number.