Brett

Default Sharing Violation Problem

Recently I installed a new hard-drive into my computer. The new hard-drive
has Windows XP and Microsoft Office installed on it. After the new
installation I copied all of my files from the old hard-drive to the new one.
Now I'm having a problem when I try to save my excel files on the new drive.
I keep getting a dialog box that says: "Your changes could not be saved to
[file name].xls because of a sharing violation. Excel has created a temporary
file with your changes preserved called, 'DA6B1000'. You can save the
temporary file as a new name or lose your changes and all future changes."

Can anyone help me fix this problem?
Gord Dibben

Brett

Could be an Anti-virus issue.

Could be TIF folder too full.

Could be Temp folder full.

See these google search results for some ideas.

http://snipurl.com/dxft

Gord Dibben Excel MVP