Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel Form Question

I wanted to create a form using Excel. The form example that I have
seen shows the Excel Spreadsheet in the background.

Is it possible to create a form that will not show Excel at all?
Basically, what I wanted to create is a form with no Excel menus or
Excel cells. All I want the user to see is the form, with no hint of
Excel. That way, the end user will not realize that they are using
Excel at all.

If I can do the above, is there an example on the Net that I can
download and examine. Otherwise maybe you all can tell me how to do
this.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If you mean by "form" a UserForm in VBA, you can use code like the
following to hide Excel and then show the form:

Sub ShowTheForm()
On Error Resume Next
Application.Visible = False
UserForm1.Show
Unload UserForm1
End Sub

Then, in the form's code module, use

Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 14:28:39 -0800 (PST), General Fear
wrote:

I wanted to create a form using Excel. The form example that I have
seen shows the Excel Spreadsheet in the background.

Is it possible to create a form that will not show Excel at all?
Basically, what I wanted to create is a form with no Excel menus or
Excel cells. All I want the user to see is the form, with no hint of
Excel. That way, the end user will not realize that they are using
Excel at all.

If I can do the above, is there an example on the Net that I can
download and examine. Otherwise maybe you all can tell me how to do
this.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
from an old post by Tom Hutchins.......
You can hide Excel so only your userform is showing.

To hide Excel when the form as activated:
Private Sub UserForm_Activate()
'Hide Excel when this form is activated
Application.Visible = False
End Sub

To show Excel again when the form is unloaded (In this example, the code is
attached to a command button on the form).
Private Sub cmdExit_Click()
'Close the form and show Excel.
Unload Me
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

and i suppose that you will have other code to go with the form.
just be sure to unhide excel when you close your form.

regards
FSt1