Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Chip Pearson Chip Pearson is offline

Default Excel Form Question

If you mean by "form" a UserForm in VBA, you can use code like the
following to hide Excel and then show the form:

Sub ShowTheForm()
On Error Resume Next
Application.Visible = False
UserForm1.Show
Unload UserForm1
End Sub

Then, in the form's code module, use

Private Sub UserForm_Terminate()
Application.Visible = True
End Sub

Cordially,
Chip Pearson
Microsoft MVP
Excel Product Group
Pearson Software Consulting, LLC
www.cpearson.com
(email on web site)

On Sun, 7 Dec 2008 14:28:39 -0800 (PST), General Fear
wrote:

I wanted to create a form using Excel. The form example that I have
seen shows the Excel Spreadsheet in the background.

Is it possible to create a form that will not show Excel at all?
Basically, what I wanted to create is a form with no Excel menus or
Excel cells. All I want the user to see is the form, with no hint of
Excel. That way, the end user will not realize that they are using
Excel at all.

If I can do the above, is there an example on the Net that I can
download and examine. Otherwise maybe you all can tell me how to do
this.