Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Bubble chart labels on x axis

I am trying to build a bubble chart using data formatted as "General" as the
x axis label. When I create the chart, the labels are converted to numbers
in the chart. Can you tell me how to fix this issue so the x axis shows the
actual label of the data rather than a number?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Bubble chart are designed to plot numbers on both axes and number to control
the size of the bubble. Don't know that there is a workaround for this,
because you can't combine bubble charts with other chart types.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"mrogge2895" wrote:

I am trying to build a bubble chart using data formatted as "General" as the
x axis label. When I create the chart, the labels are converted to numbers
in the chart. Can you tell me how to fix this issue so the x axis shows the
actual label of the data rather than a number?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You can use another bubble series and it's data labels to build an
arbitrary axis, rather than the usual xy-scatter series because as you
point out bubble charts don't do combinations.
Format the bubble to have no fill or border.
You will find more information on building a arbitrary axis here,
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ArbitraryAxis.html

Use Rob's add-in to link data labels to cells.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ChartLabeler.htm

Cheers
Andy

--