Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Eric27

Default Category axis in bubble chart

Hi,

I would like to draw a bubble chart with category axis eg.
with following data:

mon sun 5
mon rain 4
tue sun 1
tue cloudy 2
tue rain 7
wed sun 3
wed rain 8
wed cloudy 4

So on the x-axis I would like to see the labels mon, tue, wed; on the
y-axis
sun, cloudy, rain and the size of the bubbles is given by the numbers.

Is this possible in Excel XP and how to proceed?

Thx for your attention,

Eric

Mijn Postvak In wordt beschermd door SPAMfighter
Download de gratis www.SPAMfighter.com vandaag nog!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Jon Peltier

Replace the weather adjectives by numerical values (1=snow, 2=rain,
3=cloudy, 4=sunny), and plot these values. Hide the "normal" axis labels,
and place textboxes along the axis with these labels.

Normally I propose a combination chart, such as this:

http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Y_CategoryAxis.html

but a bubble chart doesn't do combos. However, you could add a bubble series
along the Y axis, then hide the bubbles (no border, no fill), as in the
above example.

- Jon
-------
Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP