Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default save workbook, erase data but keep formula

I am trying to save last years workbook, that accumulates data and totals
numbers. I need to erase last years inputed data, but want to keep the
formulaes intact. If I delete the data, it deletes the formulaes, if i clear
contents it does the same to the formulaes. I don't want to re-input the
same formulaes for every month in the year data base.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

Test this on a non-critical workbook

tap F5
Click 'Special'
Select 'Constants'
Un-check 'Text' and 'Logicals'
OK
Tap delete

Mike

"denvancam" wrote:

I am trying to save last years workbook, that accumulates data and totals
numbers. I need to erase last years inputed data, but want to keep the
formulaes intact. If I delete the data, it deletes the formulaes, if i clear
contents it does the same to the formulaes. I don't want to re-input the
same formulaes for every month in the year data base.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

hi
hit the F5 key. this will bring up the goto dialog. click the special key on
the dialog.
select constrants, click ok
this should select all non-formula data.
hit the delete key. data gone, formulas still there but with no data to
calculate, they should all read zero.
as always it's a good idea to save a backup copy prior, just in case.

Regards
FSt1

"denvancam" wrote:

I am trying to save last years workbook, that accumulates data and totals
numbers. I need to erase last years inputed data, but want to keep the
formulaes intact. If I delete the data, it deletes the formulaes, if i clear
contents it does the same to the formulaes. I don't want to re-input the
same formulaes for every month in the year data base.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Just to add to the other responses you have...

I bet that there are cells with values/constants that you want to keep--like
headers and descriptions.

So before you use the suggested techniques, select the range that you want to
clear first. It can include formulas (those will be eliminated with the special
cells stuff), but don't include any of the constants you want to keep.

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Just to add to the other responses you have...

What is the Mac equivalent to this?

Thanks

denvancam wrote:

--