Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default save workbook, erase data but keep formula

hi
hit the F5 key. this will bring up the goto dialog. click the special key on
the dialog.
select constrants, click ok
this should select all non-formula data.
hit the delete key. data gone, formulas still there but with no data to
calculate, they should all read zero.
as always it's a good idea to save a backup copy prior, just in case.

Regards
FSt1

"denvancam" wrote:

I am trying to save last years workbook, that accumulates data and totals
numbers. I need to erase last years inputed data, but want to keep the
formulaes intact. If I delete the data, it deletes the formulaes, if i clear
contents it does the same to the formulaes. I don't want to re-input the
same formulaes for every month in the year data base.