Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Field Formatting in Pivot Tables

Ok I know how to preserve formatting so when I update or pivot Pivot Tables
the number format of a field remains the same.

My problem is this. When i drag a value field out of the pivot table and
then back in - my number formatting is lost. Is there anyway to fix this!!???
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No, the number formatting will default to General when you add the field
back to the Value area. There's no setting you can change to make this
behave differently.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Contextures