popp25

Default pivot tables-data field formatting

How do I change the default data field type from Count to Sum?
Dave Peterson

I don't think you can.

If all the entries are numeric, you'll get Sum, but if any are text (or empty),
you get count.

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

I'd double check--maybe you have an extra row in your pivottable source range.

Maybe you have a cell formatted as text masquerading as a number.

If you select the cells and right click on the statusbar in the bottom right
corner, you can choose Count Nums and Count.

Are those the same quantity?

And do they match the number of cells in the selection? (empty cells cause
trouble.)