Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2002: How to use Auto Filter ?

Hi

I have a very long table of 52,000 lines as follows:

A B C D
Date Ref Amt Net
xxx A12 60
A12 -60 0
A13 24 24
B29 100
B29 -80 20
C41 50
C41 -50 0
D27 75
D27 -55
D27 -10 10
55000

I would like to see the table from A1: D55000 for the items that has the net
value of not = 0 , the filtered table is to show the data as

A B C D
Date Ref Amt Net
xxx A13 24 24
xxx B29 100
xxx B29 -80 20
xxx D27 75
xxx D27 -55
xxx D27 -10 10

i.e. components of the items that has a net value of 0 are filtered out.

Appreciate very much if you could provide guidance.

Thanks

Low

A36B58K641
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

1. Select all the data and choose Data, Filter, AutoFilter
2. Open the filter drop down in the Net column and choose Custom
3. From the 1st drop down pick does not equal
4. In the box to the right enter 0
5. Click OK

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"Mr. Low" wrote:

Hi

I have a very long table of 52,000 lines as follows:

A B C D
Date Ref Amt Net
xxx A12 60
A12 -60 0
A13 24 24
B29 100
B29 -80 20
C41 50
C41 -50 0
D27 75
D27 -55
D27 -10 10
55000

I would like to see the table from A1: D55000 for the items that has the net
value of not = 0 , the filtered table is to show the data as

A B C D
Date Ref Amt Net