Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SHW SHW is offline

Default Are Date filters available for items in the Filter area of pivot t

When a pivot table is created using SSAS source and Date dimension is set up
correctly, Date filters are available when Date attributes are added to the
rows or columns area of the report. For example, data can be filtered to show
only data for This Year, Last Year, etc.
However, if same Date attributes are added to the filter area, the only
filtering option that is available is manual filtering by choosing from a
list.
Is it possible to use Date filters like This Year, YTD, without adding the
Date attributes to the rows/columns area?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

I can't experiment with a SSAS data source but based on my experiments with
..Cub files, and the basic idea behind OLAP processing, I would expect that
you can not use the special filters on dates when a date attribute has been
added because the processing has already been done on the server.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire

"SHW" wrote:

When a pivot table is created using SSAS source and Date dimension is set up
correctly, Date filters are available when Date attributes are added to the
rows or columns area of the report. For example, data can be filtered to show
only data for This Year, Last Year, etc.
However, if same Date attributes are added to the filter area, the only
filtering option that is available is manual filtering by choosing from a
list.
Is it possible to use Date filters like This Year, YTD, without adding the
Date attributes to the rows/columns area?

Thanks,

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
SHW SHW is offline

Default Are Date filters available for items in the Filter area of piv

Thanks for your response. The Date filters are available for date attributes
when they are used in the rows or columns areas of a report. See this link
about filtering in pivot tables:

So far the only workaround I have is to add the date attribute to the
columns area (before values) and hide it. Then I can set the filter from
field list.

SHW

"SHW" wrote:

When a pivot table is created using SSAS source and Date dimension is set up
correctly, Date filters are available when Date attributes are added to the
rows or columns area of the report. For example, data can be filtered to show
only data for This Year, Last Year, etc.
However, if same Date attributes are added to the filter area, the only
filtering option that is available is manual filtering by choosing from a
list.
Is it possible to use Date filters like This Year, YTD, without adding the
Date attributes to the rows/columns area?

Thanks,