Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I find all items with the same value without using filters

I have a spreadsheet that I have a main set of data with varying status' eg
active, pending, completed.
In another shhet in the same workbook, I would like to identify all items
with a specific status ie active, and I do not want it to display duplicates.
Is there a formula that I can use to achieve this?
I have unique identifiers in the first column (a) and have attempted to do
this by having the status as the first column instead of the unique
identifier using basic vlookups, IF and AND statements.
I do not want to use filters and copy and paste my identifiers if I can help
it.

Thank you in advance!!
Fiona

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Could you try conditional formatting

--
davesexcel

davesexcel's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31708
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=558727

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Perhaps you might also want to try this sample from my archives*:
http://savefile.com/files/9260836
AutoCopy_Data_To_Resp_Sheet_Non_Array_Approach.xls
(Full details inside)

If it suits, think you could adapt it quite easily. Your key col would be
the statuses col: active, pending, completed, which corresponds with the key
col A (colors col: red, green yellow) in the sample. The set-up essentially
auto-copies all lines by status to it's own sheet from a mastersheet.

*archives link in sign-off below
--
Max
Singapore
"Fiona-NZ" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that I have a main set of data with varying status' eg
active, pending, completed.
In another sheet in the same workbook, I would like to identify all items
with a specific status ie active, and I do not want it to display duplicates.
Is there a formula that I can use to achieve this?
I have unique identifiers in the first column (a) and have attempted to do
this by having the status as the first column instead of the unique
identifier using basic vlookups, IF and AND statements.
I do not want to use filters and copy and paste my identifiers if I can help
it.

Thank you in advance!!
Fiona

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Default How do I find all items with the same value without using filt

Hi Max,
I think that your spreadsheet will help. I just need to adapt it, and it
should work!!

Thanks very much!!
Fiona

"Fiona-NZ" wrote:
I have a spreadsheet that I have a main set of data with varying status' eg
active, pending, completed.
In another sheet in the same workbook, I would like to identify all items
with a specific status ie active, and I do not want it to display duplicates.
Is there a formula that I can use to achieve this?
I have unique identifiers in the first column (a) and have attempted to do
this by having the status as the first column instead of the unique
identifier using basic vlookups, IF and AND statements.
I do not want to use filters and copy and paste my identifiers if I can help
it.

Thank you in advance!!
Fiona

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Great to hear that, Fiona !
Thanks for the feedback ..
--
"Fiona-NZ" wrote:
Hi Max,
I think that your spreadsheet will help. I just need to adapt it, and it
should work!!

Thanks very much!!
Fiona

How do I find clearing items in a column in Excel? DACLEMEN Excel Worksheet Functions 1 June 28th 06 03:11 PM
Macro: Find and replace Bertie Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 1 May 29th 06 02:01 PM
find Mindy Excel Worksheet Functions 2 May 26th 06 06:19 PM
Help: Multiple filters with mutually exclusive items six50joe Excel Discussion (Misc queries) 5 September 28th 05 02:41 PM
multiple items in database Peter Excel Worksheet Functions 2 June 15th 05 08:19 PM