Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Excel 2007 SP1 will not repaint the entire spreadsheet.

I have a Lenovo T60 user that copies and pastes (then Saves each time) data
between spreadsheets. Within the first few pastes/saves, the spreadsheet will
not repaint the spreadsheet correctly. Sometimes, there will be a couple of
rows that "seem" to be missing, sometimes a random chunk of cells... Upon
minimizing and restoring, the cells reappear where they should be. I've
uninstalled and reinstalled the entire Office suite, run multiple memory test
and video tests (all passed), updated all drivers and firmware, and searched
the internet endlessly for a fix... Everything I've found on the internet
leads back to MS Excel 2007. From the little I was able to find, SP1 for
Office 07 was supposed to fix the issues that most closely resembled my
problem.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have given the user a
loaner laptop to use while researching and trying to fix this problem, so the
troublesome T60 is in my possession for testing. Please help, as I'm at wit's
end on this.

TIA,

Dan D.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

A little more info I just found out...

The file is a .xls instead of the native 2007 version .xlsx

When asked why they would save the file in a non-07 format, she said that
the client that she was emailing this file to each day doesn't have Office
2007.

Also, there are no macros, but there is a security warning on the
spreadsheet that says, "Automatic update of links has been disabled."