Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
hmm hmm is offline

Default Excel window repaint slow/stuck

After having Excel 2007 open for some time, and having been working in
another application, I return to Excel and often it is not repainting its
window. It starts with the charts. Then when I move to another part of the
workbook, the whole window dies. I move the pointer and sometimes it will
repaint some tool buttons one by one as they are passed over (sometimes
slowly, and sometimes not at all). I have no choice but to close and restart
Excel. (It will ask me if I want to save each workbook, but I have to move
the cursor over the dialog box in order for each button--Yes, No, Cancel--to
appear!) I do not have the same problem with other Office 2007 applications
(Word, Outlook).

I assume others have had similar experiences. If anyone has expert advice
on what I can do to solve (or at least mitigate) the problem, I would
appreciate the advice. For example, are there some Windows or Office
settings I can change?

Thanks.