Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default how do I unmerge an excel document?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Firstly, please remember that the place to ask a question is in the body of
the message, not in the subject line.

Secondly, the meaning of your question is unclear.
If you intended to ask how to unmerge merged cells in an Excel spreadsheet,
select all the cells, either by Control A or by clicking in the top left
square (above row 1 and to the left of column A). Then go to Format/ Cells/
Alignment, and uncheck "Merge cells".
Then swear a solemn vow never again to merge cells. :-)
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

David, ignore this!

Carol on my system when you post a question in the title only this is the
message I recieve:

"An error occurred while sending your post

We're sorry, but there was a problem with the system and your post was not
received. The error has been reported to Operations and will be investigated
as soon as possible. Please try again later. "

This is extremely annoying because it means I can't send a reply to you, I
have to piggy-back on someone else's respond.

Shane Devenshire.

"David Biddulph" wrote:

Firstly, please remember that the place to ask a question is in the body of
the message, not in the subject line.

Secondly, the meaning of your question is unclear.
If you intended to ask how to unmerge merged cells in an Excel spreadsheet,
select all the cells, either by Control A or by clicking in the top left
square (above row 1 and to the left of column A). Then go to Format/ Cells/
Alignment, and uncheck "Merge cells".
Then swear a solemn vow never again to merge cells. :-)
--
David Biddulph

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Depending on the version of Excel you are using you can select the cells and
just click the Merge and Center toolbar button.

Cheers,
Shane Devenshire