Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Cannot merge or unmerge cells in Excel

I am working in a spreadsheet/workbook that I created and for the life of me
cannot figure out what the problem is here. I can't unmerge/split cells that
are merged (nothing works) nor can I merge cells that I want to be merged.

I've never run into this before and I'm at a complete loss as to what could
be causing this. The workbook is shared across our company network, but even
when I'm the only one using it, it's still a problem.

Can anybody help?? I would be most appreciative because I don't have time
to monkey around with this or continue searching online for an answer.

Thanks so much in advance!

Best,
Tara
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

There's the clue to your problem "The workbook is shared across our company"
If you look in the helpfile under the heading "Features that are unavailable
in shared workbooks" you'll find that item 4 mentions merged cells. The only
way to change the cells is to unshare the worksheet, do your modifications
then reshare it again.

"Tara" wrote:

I am working in a spreadsheet/workbook that I created and for the life of me
cannot figure out what the problem is here. I can't unmerge/split cells that
are merged (nothing works) nor can I merge cells that I want to be merged.

I've never run into this before and I'm at a complete loss as to what could
be causing this. The workbook is shared across our company network, but even
when I'm the only one using it, it's still a problem.

Can anybody help?? I would be most appreciative because I don't have time
to monkey around with this or continue searching online for an answer.

Thanks so much in advance!

Best,
Tara

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thank you so much bigwheel! I thought about giving that a try while I was
troubleshooting...just as a guess as to the problem...but didn't because I
was frustrated and just needed an answer.

Thanks again for your help!