Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How many total worksheets can be added to a workbook?

We seemed to have reached the limit on the number of worksheets in a workbook
at 42 sheets (tabs at the bottom). Is there a way to increase this limit?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

You've hit a memory limitation on you PC, buy more memory.

Mike

"Alberto" wrote:

We seemed to have reached the limit on the number of worksheets in a workbook
at 42 sheets (tabs at the bottom). Is there a way to increase this limit?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

The limit is not on the number of sheets, but on the memory XL can access. XL
can not use you entire memory pool. The amount of memory XL can use depends
on the version of XL... If you want more info just reply...
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Alberto" wrote:

We seemed to have reached the limit on the number of worksheets in a workbook
at 42 sheets (tabs at the bottom). Is there a way to increase this limit?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have just written 2 lines of code to see just how many sheets can be added
to an Excel 2003 workbook and it is currently over 2,000. Maybe your
workbook is protected and preventing you from adding further sheets.
--
http://HelpExcel.com

"Alberto" wrote:

We seemed to have reached the limit on the number of worksheets in a workbook
at 42 sheets (tabs at the bottom). Is there a way to increase this limit?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I will check which version we have on Monday, and how much RAM (I assume) in
the computer; if you want to wait until I get that info, great. If you have
any general guidelines I can use, that would be helpful also.

Thanks