Max

Default Expand Excel to more than 65,536 records - please!

Excel has so much to offer, but it limits the number of records...any chance
of increasing the number?
JulieD

there is no way to expand the number of rows in the current versions ....
however, if you'ld like to let MS know what you think send them an email at

with excel in the subject line and your request / ideas / suggestions in the
message body.

--
Cheers
JulieD
"Max" wrote in message
Excel has so much to offer, but it limits the number of records...any
chance
of increasing the number?

Michael

Hi Max
Simple answwer is NO.
However, you could break your data up across a number of sheets and then
bring your totals back together on a summary sheet.

OR

You could look at using a database.

HTH
Michael

"Max" wrote:

Excel has so much to offer, but it limits the number of records...any chance
of increasing the number?

X_HOBBES

I feel your pain. I too sometimes wish I could exceed this limit. Michael
has it right -- break it up into multiple worksheets if you must use Excel,
or use a small database. I recommend Access as a next step -- it's a
lightweight database with a great deal of functionality, but it lacks the
on-the-fly data analyzing and massaging capabilities that Excel is so
wonderful at.

Good luck!

BTW... Excel can get very slow once it gets up in size and has a bunch of
formulas.

X_HOBBES

"Max" wrote in message
Excel has so much to offer, but it limits the number of records...any

chance
of increasing the number?

Bill Sharpe

One spreadsheet alternative is Quattro Pro, which lets you set up to
1,000,000 rows and about 18,000 columns. I think with that many records
you're better off with a database -- FileMaker Pro is easier to learn
than Access.

Bill

"Max" wrote in message
Excel has so much to offer, but it limits the number of records...any
chance
of increasing the number?

Fredrik Wahlgren

"Max" wrote in message
Excel has so much to offer, but it limits the number of records...any

chance
of increasing the number?

No

If you need so many records, perhaps you should use something like MSDE,
VistaDB or Access.

/Fredrik

Bulent Alev

I agree with the performance problem. However we should be able to increase
the number of lines. it is almost 8 year since it was increased to 65,536.

Any idea how to do it in Excel and not alternative program.

Regards,
Bulent