Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Calculate the number of days from a specific date

I would like a formula which would enable me to calculate the number of days
from a specific date. It's difficult to explain but hopefully the following
example illustrates what I need:
Example 1:
Column A: Start Date: 10/1/2005
Column B: End Date: 9/30/2006
Column C: Hire Date: 12/3/2006
Column D: Result: 63
Example 2:
Column A: Start Date: 10/1/2005
Column B: End Date: 9/30/2006
Column C: Hire Date: 9/18/04
Column D: Result: 352
The calculation is performed on the start date and the hire date giving the
result in Column D. I am not concerned with the year. Both dates can be
different years. I just need to know how many days there are from the start
date, in this case October 1, to the hire date. I hope I have explained this
clearly.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Eugene

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Mike,
Thanks for your reply. But as I said, I'm not concerned with the year, just
the months but I have to deal with them somehow in a formula. So, in the case
you noted, from 10/1 to 12/3 is 63 days disregarding the year. That's my
problem. I need a formula that will calculate the above regardless of the
years in both dates.
Thanks
Eugene

"Oceangate" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

If your start dt is in A1 and hire dt in b1 then enter this in C1 and copy down

=IF(B2<A2,MOD(365+B2-A2,365),MOD(B2-A2,365))

The result may be off by the number of leap years in the date range...