bjcouch

Default custom fill problem in Excel 2003?

I know I've done this before, but Excel is not letting me create a custom
color for a fill. When I click on the toolbar dropdown, it gives me the
palate, but no options for "more colors" like in word. I've done format,
cell, patterns. No luck. I've right-clicked on the cell I wanted to change
and selected format cells. Still only gives me the basic palate with no
option for more colors. See screen shots he

http://www.senseiouch.com/1.jpg
http://www.senseiouch.com/2.jpg

I can't find where to get those options; maybe I'm crazy but I'm sure they
used to be on these screens. How do I get my color options back? Thanks for
any help.

Ben
Max

Think you can modify the color palette via:

Tools Options Color tab Modify

(there's even a "Reset" button to get back the defaults <g)

The modified palette will then be available for use ..
--
Rgds
Max
"bjcouch" wrote in message
I know I've done this before, but Excel is not letting me create a custom
color for a fill. When I click on the toolbar dropdown, it gives me the
palate, but no options for "more colors" like in word. I've done format,
cell, patterns. No luck. I've right-clicked on the cell I wanted to

change
and selected format cells. Still only gives me the basic palate with no
option for more colors. See screen shots he

http://www.senseiouch.com/1.jpg
http://www.senseiouch.com/2.jpg

I can't find where to get those options; maybe I'm crazy but I'm sure they
used to be on these screens. How do I get my color options back? Thanks

for
any help.

Ben

Dave Peterson

You get 56 colors in any workbook in excel.

You can change any of those 56 colors via
tools|options|colors tab|modify button.

(I don't think they've ever been on those dialogs--but I'm getting older and my
memory fades more each day!)

If you want to read more about colors and excel, visit David McRitchie's site:
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/colors.htm

bjcouch wrote:

I know I've done this before, but Excel is not letting me create a custom
color for a fill. When I click on the toolbar dropdown, it gives me the
palate, but no options for "more colors" like in word. I've done format,
cell, patterns. No luck. I've right-clicked on the cell I wanted to change
and selected format cells. Still only gives me the basic palate with no
option for more colors. See screen shots he

http://www.senseiouch.com/1.jpg
http://www.senseiouch.com/2.jpg

I can't find where to get those options; maybe I'm crazy but I'm sure they
used to be on these screens. How do I get my color options back? Thanks for
any help.

Ben

--

Dave Peterson
bjcouch

Thanks a lot, Max and Dave. That got it for me. Maybe the dialogue
box-thing was a figment of my imagination left over from Word. Thanks again.

Ben