Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Multiple lines of text within one cell

I want to have multiple lines of text within one cell. I am not referring to
text wrapping. I want to press enter and go to another line of text.

For example, I want a cell to look like this:
1. text text
2. text text
3. text text

I know it can be done because I received a file that already had this.
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how it was done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Type your first line of text

Press Lefthand Alt and Enter together

Type Your second line of text

Press Lefthand Alt and Enter togther

You get the picture???????

Regards Mike B
--
Advice to Posters.
Check your post for replies or request for more information.

"pluaggie" wrote:

I want to have multiple lines of text within one cell. I am not referring to
text wrapping. I want to press enter and go to another line of text.

For example, I want a cell to look like this:
1. text text
2. text text
3. text text

I know it can be done because I received a file that already had this.
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how it was done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Thanks Mike. I felt like an idiot, but I had to ask.

"Mike" wrote:

Alt+Enter Should do it

"pluaggie" wrote:

I want to have multiple lines of text within one cell. I am not referring to
text wrapping. I want to press enter and go to another line of text.

For example, I want a cell to look like this:
1. text text
2. text text
3. text text

I know it can be done because I received a file that already had this.
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how it was done.

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

No problem. Your welcome.

"pluaggie" wrote:

Thanks Mike. I felt like an idiot, but I had to ask.

"Mike" wrote:

Alt+Enter Should do it