ss123

Default Lotus v9.5 has .123 extension - how do I open or link Excel to th.

We have an Excel file that has been linked for years to pick up numbers from
a Lotus file. Now that one person who uses Lotus updated to version 9, I'm
told, and Excel doesn't even recognize, nor can it open filename.123.
How can we handle this?
Thanks!
Jim Rech

You must convert the file to a file format that Excel can read, either using
1-2-3 or a converter program like Conversions Plus from www.dataviz.com

--
Jim
"ss123" wrote in message
| We have an Excel file that has been linked for years to pick up numbers
from
| a Lotus file. Now that one person who uses Lotus updated to version 9,
I'm
| told, and Excel doesn't even recognize, nor can it open filename.123.
| How can we handle this?
| Thanks!

Harlan Grove

ss123 wrote...
We have an Excel file that has been linked for years to pick up

numbers from
a Lotus file. Now that one person who uses Lotus updated to version

9, I'm
told, and Excel doesn't even recognize, nor can it open filename.123.
How can we handle this?

Make sure all your 123 users save in .WK4 file format.

Harlan Grove

Jim Rech wrote...
You must convert the file to a file format that Excel can read, either

using
1-2-3 or a converter program like Conversions Plus from

www.dataviz.com

FWLIW, Quattro Pro 10 and later versions support .123 files too.