Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Pivot Table Subtotals

Hello all

Is there a way of making pivot tables only subtotal if there is more than 1
item in the second row field? That probably doesn't sound very clear - so
I've created an example pivot table below to explain what I mean:

Month
Builder Builder Town Jan-08
Builder 1 Town A 8,890
Town B 2,982
Town C 82
Town D 2,042
Builder 1 Total 13,996
Builder 2 Town E 6,282
Builder 2 Total 6,282
Builder 3 Town F 3,805
Builder 3 Total 3,805
Builder 4 Town G 7,570
Town H 3,577
Builder 4 Total 11,147
Builder 5 Town I 1,846
Builder 5 Total 1,846
etc...

So would there be a way of displaying the subtotal for Builders 1 & 4 as
they have more than 1 town but not having the subtotal for the other builders
as they only have one builder so the subtotal is totalling one line. If I
collapse the field on these then it only shows the subtotal but not the town,
so that's not an option.

I ask this because I use some large pivot tables at work and usually most of
the subtotals are for one thing each time so are unnecessary and it then
takes a while to format this as I copy and paste the table as values and
delete all the subtotals that aren't needed. So if there is a way to do this
on the pivot table it will save me so much time!

Thanks very much for any help that is given
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Subtotals will be added to each grouping regardless of the number of data
items in the group. There is no way around that.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson