Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default How do I automatically change displayed sheet in excel?

I want to change the displayed sheet automatically based on time. For
example, display sheet 1 for 10 seconds, then display sheet 2, etc.

Is there a way of doing this in Excel?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Sub displaysheets()

ShtNum = ActiveSheet.Index

ShtNum = ShtNum + 1
If ShtNum Sheets.Count Then
ShtNum = 1
End If
Sheets(ShtNum).Activate
Application.OnTime Now + TimeValue("00:00:10"), "displaysheets"

End Sub

"Tim Messenger" wrote:

I want to change the displayed sheet automatically based on time. For
example, display sheet 1 for 10 seconds, then display sheet 2, etc.

Is there a way of doing this in Excel?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Tim;
This is very good question, particularly wher it leads you. The fact is the
Visual Basic 6.0 includes a Timer event, but this option is not available, at
least up to Excel 2003. In other words, you will not be able to do that with
a time function. On the other hand, if you just want to see change, you may
be able to create a macro that runs all over the woorkbook and separated by a
rutine that runs a counter and then jump to the next one. In this case, if
the intention is to show the spreadsheets and move forward, my suggestions is
to use PowerPoint instead. This will provide the time control that you need
for that to happen. Of course, you will be out of the Excel application and
running just the shoots in PowerPoint. I hope this helps..

Argy