Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default problems with opening Excel spreadsheet.

Ran accross this unusual problem.
I can open an excel spreadsheet, but should I close it and try to re-open
it, it will hang the excel program. there is no error messages, and I have
to reboot to get excel to work.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled excel 2003. but still the same problem.
I can open the files many times on other PC's.

any idea what might be causing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi Jyunii;
Humm, it looks my friend like a virus or that the register of the computer
is too load with garbage and errors. This happens a lot because with the
continuum use of the internet and download and deleting of files and
programs, the register keeps all this in the log, and some times causes that
the speed of the application crash. Try to download Cleaner, which is free,
and run both the Registry and the Cleaner. These two, in theory, will clean
up all your errors from the registry. I hope this help, let me know if it
does. Good luck.

Argy