Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Ben is offline

Default rotating a list

I have a list of Numbers in Col A from a6:a39
Have formula in Col L =if(A6=1590,4502,"") thru to =if(A39=1590,4502,"")
in Col L.Some specific numbers need to stay in specific cells in Col L.
When I put 1590 in any cell from A6 to A39,in Col L the result is 4502 in
the corresponding cell. The trouble is when I rotate Col A my formula in Col
L advances by one eg A6 becomes A7 and so on. I do not want to rotate Col L.
as some cells with specific numbers need to stay in those cells. How do I
stop the formula in Col L from changing. Using absolutes does not fix.
--
Reynella
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

HI Ben;
Can you refrase the question a little. I don't think your question is clear.
What do you mean by rotatiting? You mean that you want the formula always
pointing to Col "A"?

Argy

"Ben" wrote:

I have a list of Numbers in Col A from a6:a39
Have formula in Col L =if(A6=1590,4502,"") thru to =if(A39=1590,4502,"")
in Col L.Some specific numbers need to stay in specific cells in Col L.
When I put 1590 in any cell from A6 to A39,in Col L the result is 4502 in
the corresponding cell. The trouble is when I rotate Col A my formula in Col
L advances by one eg A6 becomes A7 and so on. I do not want to rotate Col L.
as some cells with specific numbers need to stay in those cells. How do I
stop the formula in Col L from changing. Using absolutes does not fix.
--
Reynella

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Ben;
Sorry, I still don't understand your question. Here is where I got:
1- I have numbers between A6 and A39
2- I have this formula in all those cells but in column L:
if(A6=1590,4502,"")
3- Once I copy the formula, the posicion of A6 changes accordingly with the
row where the formula has been copied.
4- If I delete rows between the ranges of Row 6 and 39, the formulas move
along with the rows and re-syncronize with the correct rows.

I think this cover your question, but I am not sure. Is there anything that
I am missing?

Argy

"Ben" wrote:

I have a list of Numbers in Col A from a6:a39
Have formula in Col L =if(A6=1590,4502,"") thru to =if(A39=1590,4502,"")
in Col L.Some specific numbers need to stay in specific cells in Col L.
When I put 1590 in any cell from A6 to A39,in Col L the result is 4502 in
the corresponding cell. The trouble is when I rotate Col A my formula in Col
L advances by one eg A6 becomes A7 and so on. I do not want to rotate Col L.
as some cells with specific numbers need to stay in those cells. How do I
stop the formula in Col L from changing. Using absolutes does not fix.
--
Reynella

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I'm not sure what you mean, but if you want any cell to change from relative
to absolute put a $ sign before your cell ref. $A$6
--
Regards
Warren

If this helps please click the Yes button.

"Ben" wrote:

I have a list of Numbers in Col A from a6:a39
Have formula in Col L =if(A6=1590,4502,"") thru to =if(A39=1590,4502,"")
in Col L.Some specific numbers need to stay in specific cells in Col L.
When I put 1590 in any cell from A6 to A39,in Col L the result is 4502 in
the corresponding cell. The trouble is when I rotate Col A my formula in Col
L advances by one eg A6 becomes A7 and so on. I do not want to rotate Col L.
as some cells with specific numbers need to stay in those cells. How do I
stop the formula in Col L from changing. Using absolutes does not fix.
--
Reynella

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ben Ben is offline

There is no formula in A6:a39, just numbers.eg---

Col A Col L
1400 =If(A6=1590,4502,"")
1450 =If(A7=1590,4502,"")
1495 =If(A8=1590,4502,1495)
1500 =If(A9=1590,4502,"")
1550 =If(A10=1590,4502,1550)
1560 etc,etc,
1570
1580
1585
1590
1600
1700

When I rotate the bottom number in Col A to the the top, the formula in Col
L changes to =If (A7=1590,4502,""), eg the"A" increases by one down the
column.Even if I make them absolute e.g.$A$6 it still changes to $A$7.I do
not want to rotate Col L with Col A.