Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ben Ben is offline

Default formula increases by 1 when rotating list in another column

I have a list of numbers in column A6:A39 I rotate these numbers from A39 to
A6 by cut and insert cut cell method. In column L I have a formula
IF(A6=1590,4502,"") thru to IF (A39=1590,4502,"").When I
rotate column A,the formulas in col L change to IF(A7=1590,4502,"") .The
A6,etc increase by 1. How can I prevent this from happening.
reguards,Ben
--
Reynella
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions

Hi,

Select both column A and L and then do the cut operation.

Ashish Mathur
Microsoft Excel MVP
www.ashishmathur.com

"Ben" wrote in message
I have a list of numbers in column A6:A39 I rotate these numbers from A39
A6 by cut and insert cut cell method. In column L I have a formula
IF(A6=1590,4502,"") thru to IF (A39=1590,4502,"").When I
rotate column A,the formulas in col L change to IF(A7=1590,4502,"") .The
A6,etc increase by 1. How can I prevent this from happening.
reguards,Ben
--
Reynella

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Ben Ben is offline

I don't want to rotate column L as I have numbers in cells that need to stay
in their relative cell e.g.

Col A Col L
1455 123
1558
1590 4502
1699 786
1788
--
With the formula as above if you don't rotate Col A, wherever you put 1590
you get 4502 in col L. The problem occurs only when you rotate Col A. 1590