Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Populate a column of data with a formula using a drop down list

I have several users that do not know how to use Excel and need to change
formulas in a single column to obtain correct data for their needs. I don't
want to issue unique files to each user, so I was hoping there is a way to
allow each user to select their specific formula from a drop down list and
have it populate the whole column of data. Anyone know how or if this is
possible?

Thanks!

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I have a slightly different idea. Creatte a drop down box with the peoples
names. when this cell is changed, run a macro that fills a formula into the
column. Since formulas are string in VBA

Range("G7").FormulaR1C1 = "=R1C1"

You can have

Select Case Range("A1").value

Case "John" Range("C1:C15").FormulaR1C1 = "=5 * R2C1"
Case "Dave" Range("C1:C15").FormulaR1C1 = "=6 * R2C1"
Case "Mary" Range("C1:C15").FormulaR1C1 = "=7 * R2C1"
end select