Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Question about a new equation or function I am unfimiliar with

I'm hoping someone can help me here. I opened an excel file given to me to
use in 6 Sigma relating to Gage R&R. In some of the the formulas it contains
a statement of "UnderTheHood. Here is a copy of one,
=IF($C$27=C$33,UnderTheHood!B24,"")
I have no idea what this funtion is and I have researched it on the Internet
and in my books. I think it has something to do with VBA's and Macros but I'm
not sure. If anyone could help me out with this I would really appreciate it.
I like the way it works the formulas in the cells.
--
Rod
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

=IF($C$27=C$33,UnderTheHood!B24,"")

UnderTheHood is a sheet name. You can spot sheet names because they're
followed by an exclamation point (!): UnderTheHood!

The formula returns the value from sheet UnderTheHood cell B24 if cell C27
is greater than or equal to cell C33. If cell C27 is not greater than or
equal to cell C33 then the formula reurns a blank.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Rodney Watters" wrote in message
I'm hoping someone can help me here. I opened an excel file given to me
use in 6 Sigma relating to Gage R&R. In some of the the formulas it
contains
a statement of "UnderTheHood. Here is a copy of one,
=IF($C$27=C$33,UnderTheHood!B24,"")
I have no idea what this funtion is and I have researched it on the
Internet
and in my books. I think it has something to do with VBA's and Macros but
I'm
not sure. If anyone could help me out with this I would really appreciate
it.
I like the way it works the formulas in the cells.
--
Rod

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Okay, I also wondered about that if, UnderTheHood, was a sheet name. The only
problem I have now is that the workbook this spreadsheet is in has only one
worksheet. I did a quirey to see if I could locate this other worksheet and
to no avail. I now there is a simple solution to it and I'm just not seeing
it. If anyone has a suggestion on how to locate this worksheet I would
deepley appreciate it.
--
Rod