Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default value based on count (equation question)

Hi there,

I am trying to figure out how to do the following equation. So I have 4
numbers in a range that are greater than 0. so the equation is something
like =sum(a1+a2+a3+a4+a5/x). since there are four numbers greater than 0
then x=4.

What I'd like to be able to figure out is if I change the value in a4 to 0
then I would like the value x decreases by 1 to the value of 3. And if I
place a number that is greater than 0 in cell a5 then x increases by one to
the value of 5.

I am wondering how I can perform the above equation?

Cheers,

Noah

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Hi,

To count values 0 in a range try this
=COUNTIF(A1:A5,"0")

I don't understand what your trying to achieve with the formula

=sum(a1+a2+a3+a4+a5/x)

Mike