Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Subtotal and outlining

In Excel 2007 how do I subtotal and outline automatically like I used to do
in 2003?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Do I need to state this question differently?

"Abe" wrote:

In Excel 2007 how do I subtotal and outline automatically like I used to do
in 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Click on the Data tab, look at the "Outline" panel.

"Abe" wrote:

In Excel 2007 how do I subtotal and outline automatically like I used to do
in 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

In 2003, when I subtotaled, Excel automatically outlined so that if I
collapsed the outline, I see only the rows with the subtotals. How do I do
this in 2007? It seems that 2007 removed a useful tool or at the very least
made it difficult to accomplish.

"Abe" wrote:

In Excel 2007 how do I subtotal and outline automatically like I used to do
in 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I apologize. It seems to do what I want in some cases and not in others. My
original list is 400 rows x 7 columns. I can do the subtotal with this but I
am not getting the automatic outline. I took a subset of this list (60 rows x
7 columns) and this time it works! What am I doing wrong with my original
list?

"Abe" wrote:

In Excel 2007 how do I subtotal and outline automatically like I used to do
in 2003?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You're welcome, hope you discover what causes your issue.

Abe wrote:

Thanks for trying to help.