Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default pivot table outlining

Hi,
I know what the result looks like, but I'm not sure how to get there. I
want my pivot table users to be able to expand and contract hidden rows. I
want it to have those little 1,2 icons on the left of the table where you can
expand and contract hidden rows so you can choose to only see the totals.
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Those outlining symbols don't get created with pivottables.

They get created by using Data|Subtotals or Data|Group and Outline.

But there's nothing that says you can't use Data|Group and Outline with a
pivottable.

--

Dave Peterson